Information We Collect
- Registration information
- When you create or reconfigure an account, you provide some Personal Information, such as your user name, password and email address. Some of this information, for example, your user name, may be listed publicly on our Service, including on your profile page and in search results (if applicable). We will not share your email address or password.
- In order to register, you will be asked to either set up a new account with your email address, or you can sign-in using your login information from your Twitter, Instagram or other social media account that we then accept (“Social Media”). If you elect to set up a GoBabl account using your Social Media login, you authorize us to access certain Social Media account information, including your handle, user name and geo-location. By allowing us to access your Social Media accounts, you understand that we will obtain and share your user name and a profile picture from each account with other users.
- Profile information
- You may further provide us with additional profile information to make public, such as your birthday, a short description of yourself, your website or a picture. You may also provide information to customize your account, such as a cell phone number for the delivery of short message system (“SMS”) or text messages. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Service or to market to you. You may use your account settings to customize notifications from GoBabl, but in order to turn off notifications entirely, you will need to do so through your mobile device’s settings menu, as GoBabl does not currently provide an option to opt out of notifications. If you email us, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request. Providing the additional information described in this paragraph is entirely optional.
- You have the option to make your GoBabl profile public or private in your account settings. If you elect to make your profile public, the only information made available to other GoBabl users are your user name, birthday and the description of yourself in your user profile. If you elect to make your profile private, other GoBabl users will not see any of your profile information on the Service, but they may see your profile information on other Social Media.
- Location Information: You may tell us your location (but you are not required to do so) when you set your location settings via the GoBabl application by providing us with a general locale (e.g., New York City), or enable your computer or mobile device to send us specific location information (i.e., via a global positioning system (“GPS”)). You can set your location preferences in your account settings to limit the radius of the geographic area to be monitored. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our Service, to determine the appropriate content to show you, and to improve and customize the Service.
- Communications between you and GoBabl: We may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices), and we may collect and store these communications. Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails from us.
- Analytics: We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends and other Non-Personal Information for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and combine this analytics information with analytics information from other users so that it cannot be used to identify any particular individual user.
- Metadata: Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with other data, including Content. For example, metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of Content was collected and how that Content is formatted. We may store metadata to provide you with particular services.
- Links: GoBabl may keep track of how you interact with links across our Service, including our email notifications and third-party services by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Service, to provide more relevant local data, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
- Device Identifiers: When you use a device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your device, which uniquely identify your device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by GoBabl. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third-party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Log Data: Our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”) created by your use of the Service. Log Data may include information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. We receive Log Data when you interact with our Service, for example, when you visit our website, sign into our Service or interact with our email notifications. GoBabl uses Log Data to provide our Service and to measure, customize, and improve the Service.
How We Store Your Information
- We provide the Service from within the United States, and we store all Personal Information that we currently collect and retain on servers inside the United States. In the future, we may store Personal Information on servers located outside the United States.
- Certain types of Content you submit to us might reveal your gender, ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, sexual orientation, or other Personal Information about you or others.
How We Use Your Information
- With Your Consent: We will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of GoBabl when we have your consent to do so.
- Affiliates of GoBabl: We may share your Personal Information with our GoBabl affiliates (meaning entities controlled by, controlling or under common control with GoBabl) as necessary to provide the Service.
- Cookies: Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features and personalized advertisements. Where you access the Service via a browser, the Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Advertisers: GoBabl does not currently permit advertising through our Service, however, we may choose to do so in the future. At that time, to the extent we display advertising on GoBabl, we may allow advertisers and advertising networks to collect information about your mobile device (including mobile device IDs), activities, and geographic location to enable them to display targeted ads to you. We will not provide any personally identifiable information (such as your name or email address) to advertisers.
- Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (e.g., maintenance, analysis, audit, marketing and development). These third parties may have limited access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to GoBabl not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
- Required by Law: We may access, preserve and share your Personal Information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena). We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- Change of Control: If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of GoBabl or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation), your Personal Information such as user name and email address, Content and any other information collected through the Service may be among the items sold or transferred. You will continue to own your Content, but the license you granted in the Terms may be transferred to others.
- Non-Personal Information: We may share aggregated information that is not personally-identifiable information (“Non-Personal Information”) publicly and with publishers, marketers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share Non-Personal Information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services. Non-Personal Information includes collective information about multiple users that does not reflect or reference an individually-identifiable user.
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service.
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which, in the future, could include online ads or other forms of marketing.
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service.
- develop and test new products and features.
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- diagnose or fix technology problems.
- You must not upload or otherwise disseminate any information that may be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic or otherwise unlawful, or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of GoBabl.
- You must keep your user name and password confidential and not share them with others.
- You must not use your GoBabl account on behalf of, or for the benefit of, a third party.
Your California Privacy Rights
- Contact Us